We started recycling long before ‘recycling’ was a household term.
The 1 billion pounds of raw material that we recycle every year is turned into about 100 million pounds of fats and protein meal products. These fats and meals help produce finished products that are used in a variety of agricultural and industrial applications.
We make ingredients for everything from pet and livestock feed to ingredients used in fertilizers, soaps, lubricants, detergents, and biofuel.
Here’s a look at what we do:
- Animal rendering services including raw material pick-up and deadstock disposal services for farms, feedlots, slaughterhouses, butcher shops, supermarkets and restaurants located throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- A used cooking oil recycling program with Redux, which provides environmentally responsible pick-up and waste oil disposal service that stops restaurant trap grease from clogging sewer systems, polluting waterways and contaminating landfills.
- International shipping of agricultural products.
- Grease trap cleaning with Redux, where fats, oils and grease (FOG) is removed from grease traps in an efficient, cost-effective and environmentally friendly manner.
- Tank farms where we store, handle and ship canola oil, kosher canola oil, vegetable oils and biodiesel from and to manufacturers worldwide.
Rendering avoids 90% of potential greenhouse gas emissions when compared with industrial composting