West Coast Reduction Ltd. - The Original Recycler. For more than 50 years we’ve been providing a necessary service. From our early roots as a butcher to our modern rendering facilities, we’ve created safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for the agriculture industry. We create valuable ingredients for everyday products, while at the same time helping to keep local communities clean and sustainable. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Based in our Calgary Plant operations, the Journeyman Millwright is responsible for the assembly, installation, alignment, maintenance, repair, troubleshoot, inspection, dismantle and movement of machinery and equipment. Troubleshooting may include diagnosing irregularities and malfunctions, adjustments, and repairing or replacing parts. Cleaning, adjusting and lubricating machinery are also important maintenance tasks of the role. Adherence to WCRL safety procedures and processes are a requirement of this position.
• Provide troubleshooting and problem-solving solutions for the general repair of machinery and equipment
• Perform other routine maintenance work on machinery and equipment
• Maintain a clean, tidy work site which includes daily housekeeping of shop areas
• Safely operate hoisting and lifting devices as necessary during the repair of machinery
• Provide recommendations for improvements to equipment and processes
• Use a wide variety of hand power tools, including mobile equipment, safely
• Work rotating shifts based on Company business needs, which evolve and change in response to customer demands
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
• Possesses a valid Journeyman Red-Seal Certificate
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industrial or production environment
• Proficiency in English, both verbal and written, with strong communication skills
• Physically capable of frequently moving, carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling equipment up to 100lb without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance
• Ability to read or interpret diagrams, schematic drawings and manuals to determine work procedures
• Adaptable to adverse conditions including confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and animal by-products
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.