West Coast Reduction Ltd. - The Original Recycler. For more than 50 years we’ve been providing a necessary service. From our early roots as a butcher to our modern rendering facilities, we’ve created safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for the agriculture industry. We create valuable ingredients for everyday products, while at the same time helping to keep local communities clean and sustainable. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Based out of our Lethbridge, Alberta Plant, we have an opening for a Class 1 Driver / General Labourer for the afternoon shift (approx. 2:30pm to 10pm). Responsibilities will be split between driving scheduled routes to service customers and other general labourer duties at the Plant which involve loading trailers or preparing material for transport. Often viewed as the face of the Company, Drivers are expected to act professionally both on the road and at locations of service when dealing with customers and the public.
- Operating Tandem or Tri-axle trucks, Tractor semi-trailer with tridem and/or “B” train trailers.
- Driving assigned routes and shifts in and around the Southern Alberta area.
- Operating company equipment in a safe, efficient and responsible manner.
- Represent West Coast Reduction Ltd., in a friendly, professional manner at all times with due consideration for customers and the public.
- Prepare and load material for transport.
- Performing other plant or non-driving duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Willing to start on the afternoon shift (2:30pm)
- Ability to work flexible hours, such as overtime, weekend and/or other shifts as dictated by the needs of the business
- Possess a valid Class 1 driver’s licence with air brake endorsement and clean abstract
- Minimum 3 years’ professional driving experience
- Knowledge of truck mechanics and maintenance an asset
- Familiarity with operating a skid steer, forklift or other mobile equipment strongly preferred
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50lbs without assistance daily and occasionally greater with assistance
- Perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching overhead above the shoulders daily
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.