West Coast Reduction Ltd. - The Original Recycler. For more than 50 years we’ve been providing a necessary service. From our early roots as a butcher to our modern rendering facilities, we’ve created safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for the agriculture industry. We create valuable ingredients for everyday products, while at the same time helping to keep local communities clean and sustainable. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Based in our Edmonton, Alberta plant operations, the full-time Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and performing preventative maintenance servicing on commercial transport trucks. Reviewing work orders and evaluating repairs are also important tasks of the role. Mechanics also provide mentorship and supervision to Mechanical Apprentices.
The position reports directly to the Fleet Maintenance Foreman.
- Inspect motors in operation, road test vehicles, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions on all preventative maintenance services
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems using other hand tools/equipment
- Review and discuss work orders with supervisors, and signing off repairs performed
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune ups
- Operate engines such as International Max Force, Paccar, Cummins, etc.
- Work with equipment such as vacuum pumps, hydraulics, skid steers, and fork loaders
- Perform shift work based on company business needs which evolve and change in response to customer demands
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Holds a valid Alberta Commercial Vehicle Safety Inspection Licence
- Possess an Alberta Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician ticket, or Interprovincial Red Seal equivalent
- Minimum Class 5 Driver’s Licence with a clean abstract
- Class 3 Driver’s License with air an asset
- 3 years of experience in fleet repairs or similar environment or industry an asset
- Ability to read or interpret diagrams, schematic drawings and manuals to determine work procedures
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50 lbs without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance
- Perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching overhead above the shoulders daily
- Adaptable to adverse conditions including confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and animal by-products
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by email to email@example.com or via the link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.