West Coast Reduction Ltd. - The Original Recycler. For more than 50 years we’ve been providing a necessary service. From our early roots as a butcher to our modern rendering facilities, we’ve created safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for the agriculture industry. We create valuable ingredients for everyday products, while at the same time helping to keep local communities clean and sustainable. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Based in our Calgary, Alberta plant operations, the full-time Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance servicing on commercial transport vehicles. Reviewing work orders and evaluating repairs are also important tasks of the role. Heavy Duty Mechanics will also provide mentorship, and supervision to Mechanical Apprentices. Approximate shift hours for this position will be from 1:30pm to 10:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Inspect engines in operation, road test Class 3 vehicles, and test automotive system and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions on all preventative maintenance services
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems using other hand tools/equipment
- Review and discuss work orders with supervisors, and signing off repairs performed
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune ups
- Operate engines such as International Max Force, Paccar, Cummins, etc.
- Work with equipment such as vacuum pumps, hydraulics, and fork loaders
- Perform shift work based on company business needs which evolve and change in response to customer demands
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work afternoon shifts starting from 1:30pm a requirement
- Possession of a valid Alberta Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate or an interprovincial Heavy Duty Mechanic Red Seal Certification
- Hold a valid Alberta Commercial Vehicle Safety Inspection License (CVIP)
- Possess a valid class 3 driver’s license with clean abstract
- 2 to 4 years of experience in commercial vehicle repairs or similar environment or industry an asset
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50 lbs without assistance, and occasionally greater with assistance
- Perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching overhead above the shoulders daily
The company offers a competitive wage rate plus benefits package for all full-time positions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by email to email@example.com or via the link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.