West Coast Reduction Ltd. - The Original Recycler. For more than 50 years we’ve been providing a necessary service. From our early roots as a butcher to our modern rendering facilities, we’ve created safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for the agriculture industry. We create valuable ingredients for everyday products, while at the same time helping to keep local communities clean and sustainable. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Based in our Calgary, Alberta plant operations, the Fleet Superintendent is a key management position responsible for direct leadership of the Fleet & Transportation team including Drivers, Truck Mechanics and Dispatchers . The Fleet Superintendent is accountable for providing economical and productive transportation services for customers through minimizing costs, sound operation practices, safety and full regulatory compliance while maintaining excellent customer service.
The position reports directly to the Calgary Plant Manager.
• Driver Management - Supervise fleet & transportation department staff and provide training to ensure that the truck shop and trucks are operated in a safe and proper manner; monitor 3rd party carriers to ensure company equipment and raw materials are handled in accordance with WCRL standards
• Dispatch Management - Direct and supervise the activity of the Dispatchers to ensure the availability of trucks and related equipment
• Fleet Management - Work alongside the Maintenance Shop to manage the repair and service of all fleet vehicles; maintain record systems related to history of fleet vehicles and driver safety
• Operations Management - Recommend improvements and administer policies covering the operations, maintenance, servicing and storage of vehicles; confirm separation protocols are met at Company and customer sites (quality assurance)
• Accident Investigation & Insurance - respond to spills or accidents off-site; prepare incident reports related to vehicle accidents; conduct investigations of accidents, violations and initiate disciplinary action as required; monitor insurance, permits and licenses related to vehicle fleet
• Finance & Budgeting - Review KPIs and other data related to fleet operations to ensure assets are utilized to their optimal levels; approve fleet-related requisitions, review financial statements to determine financial performance; actively participate in the annual budget process
• Human Resources - recruit, hire and train direct reports; conduct performance reviews or implement improvement plans for underperforming staff
• Perform other related responsibilities as directed by Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
• 10 years of experience in trucking, transportation or similar environment or industry
• Strong knowledge of truck maintenance and mechanics preferred
• Commercial transportation mechanic ticket an asset
• Aptitude in computer applications such as Microsoft Office and similar systems
• Proficiency with logistics technology
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written, with effective communication skills.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by email to email@example.com or via the link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.