West Coast Reduction Ltd. - The Original Recycler. For more than 50 years we’ve been providing a necessary service. From our early roots as a butcher to our modern rendering facilities, we’ve created safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for the agriculture industry. We create valuable ingredients for everyday products, while at the same time helping to keep local communities clean and sustainable. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Based in our Vancouver Corporate Office, the Corporate Purchasing Manager is a key management position in the Company, responsible for the overall management of West Coast Reduction Ltd.'s procurement process for goods and supplies, as well as management of the competitive bid process including request for proposals and quotations. The position also works directly with the Executive Team to develop the annual major expenditure budget across the organization.
The position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Purchasing and Procurement
• Oversees all aspects of the Company's purchasing and procurement activities
• Implement and maintain controls related to purchasing activities and consumable parts inventory control for plant equipment, trucking and supplies for all operating divisions
• Develop policies, procedures and objectives for purchasing and inventory control functions in accordance with corporate objectives
• Oversees the movement, sale or disposal of obsolete or unnecessary equipment
• Develops relationship with reliable vendors that meets the needs of the company while meeting high quality and delivery expectations
• Negotiates terms of purchase including price, discounts and delivery schedule with all major supplies and ensures supplies comply with these terms and conditions
• Supervises an annual physical inventory count of consumable parts and plant supplies
• Audits operating divisions to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and objectives
• May approve purchasing requisitions of an unusual, exceptional or unscheduled nature
Finance & Budgeting
• Works alongside Finance & Accounting departments to ensure proper coding and taxation
• Prepare the annual major expenditure budget including preparation of a summary for presentation to the CEO & CFO
• Monitors major expenditure budget reports to ensure compliance with approved budget
• Work in conjunction with assigned project manager to develop project scope, specification and requirements during tender of documents for major projects
• Coordinate the annual purchasing and inventory control meeting
IT Project Support
• Provide user and functionality support as the master user for JD Edwards ERP software's purchasing and parts inventory modules
• Participate in system upgrades and development of project teams
• Test and implement JD Edwards modules and upgrades
• Recruit, hire and train direct reports; conduct performance reviews or implement improvement plans for underperforming staff
• People development and active management of direct reports
• Perform other related responsibilities as directed by Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum of 5 years' experience leading a purchasing department
• Minimum of 10 years' experience working in a purchasing capacity
• Bachelors degree in Commerce, Management or Business Administration considered an asset
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Possession of Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation required
• Strong entrepreneurial drive with a focus on continuous improvement of processes
• Ability to travel to divisional locations approximately 10% of the time
• Ability to frequently move, carry, life, push and pull equipment during inventory counts or other mobile tasks
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.