West Coast Reduction Ltd. - The Original Recycler. For more than 50 years we’ve been providing a necessary service. From our early roots as a butcher to our modern rendering facilities, we’ve created safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for the agriculture industry. We create valuable ingredients for everyday products, while at the same time helping to keep local communities clean and sustainable.
Based out of our Vancouver Plant, we have an opening for a Class 1 Driver to act as a backup or relief driver for multiple routes. The Driver will be responsible for safely operating company vehicles while following instructions or scheduled routes based on instruction from the Dispatchers. Often viewed as the face of the company, this role requires the delivery of excellent customer service when interacting with customers. Drivers are expected to act professionally both on the road and at the locations of service when dealing with customers and the public.
• Driving scheduled routes based on instructions from the Dispatchers
• Preparing and loading materials from various locations including processors, feedlots, farms, etc.
• Maintaining and operating tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
• Performing pre- and post-trip inspection checks, and inspecting and monitoring bins at customer’s locations for damages
• Reporting issues, concerns, or damages to Supervisors in a timely manner
• Perform shift work based on company business needs
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
The Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum Class 1 Driver’s Licence with a clean abstract
• Strong knowledge of the surrounding neighbourhoods and areas, and truck mechanics an asset
• 3 years of experience in professional driving or similar environment or industry
• Ability to work flexible hours, such as overtime, weekend and/or other shifts as dictated by needs of the business
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with customers and the public
• Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50 lbs without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance
• Perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching overhead above the shoulders daily
• Adaptable to adverse conditions including cold weather, odours and animal by-products
The company offers a competitive wage rate plus benefits package for all full-time positions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.