West Coast Reduction Ltd. - The Original Recycler. For more than 50 years we’ve been providing a necessary service. From our early roots as a butcher to our modern rendering facilities, we’ve created safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for the agriculture industry. We create valuable ingredients for everyday products, while at the same time helping to keep local communities clean and sustainable. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
At our Vancouver Corporate Office, we are hiring for a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for serving as the face of the company by greeting visitors, handling incoming phone calls, and managing activities with couriers. Other responsibilities of the role include completing various administrative tasks such as updating passwords and schedules, maintaining visitor logs, accounting-related administration, and documents for raw material customers.
- Greet all visitors to our Corporate Office by warmly greeting them as they arrive at Reception
- Answer and forward all incoming calls to the appropriate party
- Open, sort & distribute corporate mail including distribution of accounts receivable cheques
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing courier shipments
- Complete daily scanning of corporate records (invoices, receiving slips, etc.)
- Reconcile monthly courier invoices, telephone invoices and other reports
- Electronically file and distribute monthly phone directory to relevant mailing lists
- Update Corporate Office desk floor plans, key records and parking lot records
- Order office and kitchen supplies; ensuring common areas are well-stocked
- Become Co-Chair of the Corporate Office Occupational Health & Safety Committee
- Maintain corporate ERP Address Book records including verifying all change requests for vendors and customers in accordance with company policy
- Coordinate with outside contractors, vendors and maintenance personnel for Corporate Office building maintenance
- Act as an Access Control Officer for Corporate Office including: issuing access fobs, monitor/maintain security access, updating records related to security alarm systems
- Assist the Purchasing department with data entry and other administration
- Update master spreadsheets such as phone extension numbers and other ad-hoc tracking sheets
- Assist with general office administrative duties (filing, corporate mailouts, organizing, etc.) to various departments as needed
- Prepare contract renewals for raw material customers and maintain the Agreement Master in JDE
- Event coordination and planning, in conjunction with the Vancouver Plant’s Administration Team, for annual office events
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Graduate from a recognized post-secondary program for Administrative Assistants, or equivalent Certificate or Diploma an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative assistant / receptionist role or similar environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Competency using Microsoft Office Suite products and document management systems
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, with excellent communication skills
The company offers a competitive wage rate plus benefits package for all full-time positions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by email to email@example.com or via the link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.